Oct 8, 2016

The Cultural Experience of International Students


The European Commission (EU Research and Innovation Programme “HORIZON 2020 Excellent Science”, Social Sciences and Humanities) has approved my research project proposal The Cultural Experience of International Students: Narratives from North and South Europe. As an experienced researcher, I have been awarded the Marie SkÅ‚odowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Grant.
I am extremely pleased about this recognition. MC individual fellowships are granted following an extremely competitive global-scale selection and independent evaluation by experts in the field. My research proposal was approved with a brilliant overall score and endorsed by appreciative comments from the experts, such as “The research is innovative, original, credible, well founded and rigorously described. The proposal is clearly interdisciplinary. The proposed research would certainly contribute to the scientific advancement of the project field.” The fellowship entails mobility, and my host institution for the next two years is the University of Helsinki, Department of Social Research.
My research project is a comparative study (Helsinki and Florence). This means that I will be back in Italy doing fieldwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment